View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 08:57 AM

I went back and listened to the LAGuitars comparison of the 4 small CFguitars and can hear that it's not a loud guitar. The beginning of each piece by the player is played with flesh and is much softer than when he switches to pick.

However, the McPherson and Cargo sounded to me about the same when played with fingers. The Rainsong is definitely louder--but it's also a bigger body and lacks the many ergonomic and travel feature of the Journey. The Journey does very well for what it is and the price point is very good.

The statements regarding intonation concern me. I hope those on the MacNichol road trip will each check this out also and chime in here or at the other forum regarding intonation.

One question to be asked would be how does the intonation compare with other small guitars in this size range? I had heard concerns with Cargo intonation in the past--but it seemed to depend on the guitar and the player. I know nothing about McPherson or Rainsong in this regard. Are they all dead on except the Journey? Or, are others also off a bit and if so, to what extent when compared?

Anyway, these are questions I'd love to have answered if road trip people remember to check. thanks.