View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Cat, Neil, did either of you watch the Pens game last night? It wasn't on here but what a blowout.

How did Crosby get the 10 minute misconduct? Looks like it must have been as he came out of the box after Tampa Bay scored a PPG?
I watched the first 2 periods. All I could stomach.

As for Sid's misconduct penalty, it's as you suggested. When he came out of the box after TB scored he started chirping at the ref about the call that got him sent to the sin bin originally. Apparently it was a confluence of "bad" days being experienced by both Sid and the ref. Sid predictably lost that skirmish.

As for the game it followed pretty much the same formula as the Pens earlier 10-1 debacle against the Blackhawks: Second game of back to backs while on the road against a rested opponent with backup goalie Antti Niemi in net. I'm not a hockey soothsayer by any means but I don't think Niemi will make it to Halloween as a Penguin. The team hasn't played well in front of him, but he's been the worst goaltender I've watched in a long long time. Poor positioning, no rebound control and slow to react side to side. Ugh!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24