View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 06:35 PM

Default Recording is Hard

Howdy folks...

A month or 2 ago I purchased a Tascam DR-40. I've nearly got the basics down. For now I'm recording myself playing a new Larrivee OM-40. I can say this guitar records much better than a Taylor 214ce I was using.

I have several instrumentals I want to get onto a CD. When I say recording is hard, it's hard for me. Too many mistakes in my playing.!! Oh well, just keep trying, right.??

The one other problem I have is... When I hit the record but and go live, I'm picking up my movements. I have to lean forward to reach for the recorder and when I wrestle back into a comfortable position to play, I'm picking up my movements. To a lesser extent, it happens when I stop recording, too.

Is there a way to delete this noise out.?? Can I avoid this noise if I record with a mic directly into the recorder.?? My guitar is acoustic, no pickup installed. Can someone recommend a decent stand that I can attach the recorder to.??

I'll leave at that for now other than to say, it's fun recording. When I record some of my strumming rhythms it sounds like there's a drummer. I'm happy with the quality of the recordings though if I had some experience around me it could probably get even better.

Thanks in advance for the replies...