View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaw2821 View Post
Thanks everyone. Don't really have a set budget, just depends on how many years I have to save or how many banks I have to rob! Probably around $2000 but not set in stone.

I wish I had more guitar stores close by. Live in the very northeast corner of Missouri. I can see trees in Iowa and lllinois is about 10 min away. I am about 3 hours from St. Louise, and three hours from 2 other cities with guitar center.
Not only that but I have never been pleased by the selection or sound at guitar center. I don't know if its the strings or humidity or just the guitars that happen to be there but I have just never been impressed with what I've tried.

On a side note I recently saw some videos by Eddies guitars in St. Louis. I may have to take a trip there as that looks a lot more promising.
I live in California...but are flying out this Friday morning to Kentucky to see my Brother and Nephew. From their I will be going over to Lexington to Willcut Guitars and then down to Eddies Guitars in St. Louis where I will be auditioning several guitars in hopes of finding that special sound I have only dreamed of.
One big problem I have noticed..is listening to a guitar in a wood sided or wood floored room...as they often have at many stores..like guitar center's special high end small rooms. Guitars always sound better in those rooms...because of the reflections. Love playing in those kind of rooms...but they are misleading. Even in a room filled with other guitars...the sound is reflecting off them as well. No easy answer when auditioning a guitar...so many variables.