View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 02:10 AM

I've owned 4 acoustics in my short time playing guitar (8 years). The first was a flea market no name, the second, a second hand Seagull Maritime SWS, the third, a Journey OF660 and lastly a Rainsong OM1000N2. The last two are the only ones I still have, so only a stable of CF acoustics (I do have two wooden electrics, however).

Switzerland has dry winters and relatively humid summers which is not the best where wood is concerned. In fact the Seagull's bridge developed a crack resembling a crevass in the 6 years I had it! No such worries with my CFs. The convenvience is unparalleled (light weight, low maintenance) and I think the tone is superb. Never played a top Martin or Taylor, so I can't make a comparison, but I am more than satisified.

The Mako shark inlay is also the icing on the cake for me (as is the case for another poster here). These super fast sharks are found in abundance around the waters of Hawaii, where my parents holiday annually so a nice nostalgic reminder every time I play her!
Journey Overhead OF660
Dusenberg Paloma
Relish Bloody Mary