View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 01:07 AM

Default Turned off Global Guitar Effect on Play Acoustic

I bought a TC Helicon Play Acoustic Saturday to replace my ancient Alesis Quadraverb. I've been gigging a lot lately, after several years of "retirement" and have been trying to get my gear upgraded to much lighter stuff than what I had. Things have really changed since I was playing 15 years ago. The Quadraverb is in a rack case so it's more stuff to carry, although I love the sounds I've programmed into it.

I found a couple of pre programed settings that were useful for most songs in the Play Acoustic and really liked the sound of the vocals. I had one setting in the old Q verb set up for a heavily chorused guitar sound. I just use it for one song. I programmed one setting on the play Acoustic and got just what I wanted on the setting. When I switched to a more normal setting, the heavy chorus was still there. It changed all of the guitar sounds on all the settings! This would never do. I just wanted to foot switch to that sound for one song and foot switch away from it when I was done. I considered getting a chorus pedal to go with the Play Acoustic or maybe return the thing.

I searched the net and found that if the was firmware upgraded to the latest version, I could change the setting for global guitar effects and just have that chorused sound on just the one setting. I downloaded the program from TC Helicon and upgraded my Play Acoustic's firmware. Now it is so much more usable for me. It's a really cool piece and small and light.