View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 04:11 PM

I have many favourites - in different styles. Some for which I come back again and again are:

Singer / Songwriter

Fingerstyle Guitar / Guitar solo

A great guitar player I found a while ago on YT - also superb projects with "Lydian collective" (mostly non-acoustic, but really great!!)

Already mentioned a few times, but surely one of my favourites: Eric Skye

Advise if you ever have the chance to hear Eric live. Be prepared to be disappointed after the concert! The reason is that you'll always regret that you will not have a recording of this special evening.

I'm not sure if Martin Simpson was already mentioned. I love this concert recording, one of my favourites:

My alltime guitar "hero" Michael Hedges -- I had the chance to hear him live one time and I was blown away. He was the opener for Suzanne Vega at that time. Her concert was also nice, but honestly I would have loved if Michael would have played much longer! That was a musical revelation for me.

Not very "acoustic", but I love (progressive) rock and this is one of my favourites with Michael.

I also like his many versatile covers, one (maybe less known, but nice one):

Speaking of covers, here a great one from Claus Boesser-Ferrari. He is likely less known in the US, but a great guitar player from Germany. I have heard him live a few times which was always a big pleasure. The last decades his style got more free, which I really love also. Here a fun interpretation of the classic song "Light my fire":

And another favourite with Claus. What a performance with singer Jutta Glaser. Close your eyes, listen openly to the different sounds and emotions and enjoy! If you like this: The duo CD from Claus and Jutta is a real treat and highly recommended.

Not to forget another "all-time hero": David Qualey. I love his early recordings absolutely. Here a nice live cut of his way to interpret common music. You really must listen to the complete recording to hear how the piece evolves and changes. Begins ~3:30, but the spoken intro is funny too.

And one of his originals - sort of "hit" for nylon string players:

Is David known in the US, because he lives in Germany now for so many years?

Last edited by rpnfan; 10-28-2017 at 04:25 PM.