View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsdmb View Post
Yes...there is one really disgruntled poster in here that takes every chance he can to slander Huss and Dalton as a company for his dealings with them. I imagine we are only hearing one side of the story there. Huss and Dalton makes a world class guitar that I would stack up against anyone. To the topic of the neck...yes...I feel little to no v with a nice medium c shape. They're glad to do any carve you'd like, though.

I believe Andy (Silly Moustache) when he says that he had a terrible experience with Huss & Dalton. He's a pretty straight guy who wanted to love the instrument.

On the other hand, I've always had great experiences with Huss & Dalton. I've visited the factory and met the people there. All were first rate. I've owned three H&D guitars and still have two. They're among my absolute favorite guitars.

Andy is in England and I wouldn't be surprised if things get a lot more complicated when ordering an instrument from a small company in the US from overseas, especially if there's something wrong with the instrument when the purchaser gets it. I have no idea who Andy's dealer was. I can imagine, though, that trying to resolve a problem when the manufacturer is an ocean away from the dealer, the purchaser, or both gets a lot more involved and frustrating. Typical domestic warranties often don't apply internationally. So his experience may not be representative and certainly differs from every impression I have of H&D. But that's not to invalidate the fact that he did have a bad experience, for whatever reason.