View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Sometime ago I purchased an inexpensive brand new Epiphone Dot Studio (Semi-hollow) to have something inexpensive laying around to practice on... well I had never owned a semi-hollow guitar before and actually I never even thought about it until I had stepped into the Chicago Music Exchange one day and played one of the $6,000 Gison customs. I was so impressed with those that that's why I ended up buying this inexpensive Epiphone which was about $260 brand new. I was so blown away by the quality of this inexpensive instrument that I decided I wanted to treat myself to the real deal or at least some type of upgrade. The $6,000 custom Gibson is simply not in the cards for me. But I think I did pretty well ordering a custom H - 555 from Heritage guitar. My H-555 is built in the same Factory and using a lot of the same machines that built all of the great Gibsons before they moved to Nashville. My H-555 has 2 Seth Lover pickups, ebony fingerboard and gold Evo fret wire, upgraded top and sides done in a dark vintage wine burst. Love it!

Todd in Chicago
Todd... If you select from available samples, it's quite easy to find Epiphone semi-hollow guitars (339 Pro P90, in my case) that are truly excellent instruments, for less than 1/4 of the price of a similar Gibson model. That's wonderful.

Your Dot looks awesome, BTW. Does it play well?