View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Ford View Post
If you don't have a foundation in physics or electronics, your discussion points are limited. You're at the mercy of the marketers.

New frontier..........Marketing...

Modelers will make things sound different, but you can't beat the laws of physics or electronics.

Regards,

Ty Ford

PS. Bob, you're a saint.
So if you consider yourself as having foundation in physics or electronics then guess what. you fell for the "marketing" anyway , since "new frontier" was just a catchphrase I threw in for the title to help "market" this thread, and you responded, thanks

Obviously the more knowledge one has about electronics and the physics of sound the more potential for informed discussion is likely to be. Which has nothing to do with being at the mercy of "marketers"

Truth is, regardless of your foundational background you are only at the "mercy of the marketers" if you choose to place yourself at their mercy. You can't beat the laws of commonsense.

Also I am unclear as to what you are actually asserting. Are you saying because of the laws of physics and electronics that modeling cannot approximate specific tonal characteristics ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

Last edited by KevWind; 08-13-2017 at 03:54 PM.