View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achase4u View Post
Maybe I will try putting on the strings halfway to pitch the first day etc. I guess this means that classical players hate changing strings haha. Do you guys just leave them on allot longer?
Every player has his or her favourite way of restringing. A common approach is to tune them a little sharp and grab the string and really yank on it to stretch it.

It's no worse than changing steel strings, though it takes a day or two for the nylon strings to appreciably stop stretching. You get used to it.

Quote:
... steel string guitars ....despite lower action, they are still sometimes difficult to play due to the tension.
Not so much: if the action is set appropriately, they can be set up to be easy to play.

Quote:
So conversely, nylon string guitars are lower tension, needing higher action to prevent buzzing from the bigger vibration pattern.
Not so much. Classical players, playing with traditional classical technique and trying to fill a concert hall play very heavily compared to most steel string players/fingerpickers. Those players, typically, will want a higher action. For the average "cross-over" player, playing steel string on a nylon-strung guitar, the guitar can be setup with quite low action.

Quote:
Jazz sounds good on a nylon stringer to me.
Good jazz sounds good played on anything.