View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 01:50 PM

Default La Patrie Motif revisited

I had one of these in 2007 and unwisely sold it the following year (in my heady eBay days!). I liked it a lot and have often thought about buying another. Well, a couple of weeks ago I availed myself of one of MF's 15% off deals, and ordered one for the princely sum of just over $300.

And I'm really glad I did. What a lovely guitar this is - very sweet and rich-sounding with especially pleasing bass notes. There's something about the shape, reduced size and feel of it, too, that makes me want to play the heck out of it. I tried it in a few lowered tunings, and it performed admirably in all of them. I'm seriously considering buying another one (or maybe even two!) so that I could leave one in DADGAD and maybe one in open G, which could be tweaked for open C at a push. Many us probably agree that altering the tuning on the same guitar with nylon strings can throw the tuning into chaos. But with a guitar that's as nice and as economical as this one, the temptation to solve this issue by getting two is quite strong.

Last edited by ewalling; 12-16-2016 at 04:21 PM.