View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyAK View Post
There's also the Jim Root artist model, but it appears that's it for new hardtail Fender strats - two of them....
The Fender Jim Root Stratocaster electric guitar is as unique as Slipknot's guitar maestro himself. Featuring a black mahogany body and a 25-1/2" scale maple neck with a thin "C" shape and an oversized headstock fitted with Fender Deluxe cast/sealed locking tuning machines. A smooth ebony fretboard sports 22 jumbo frets and a 12" to 16" compound radius that promotes super fast shredding. The Fender Jim Root guitar has an EMG-60 active humbucker (neck) and EMG-81 active humbucker (bridge) that let your solos roar through the crowd. A 6-saddle strings-through-body hardtail bridge adds even more sustain to the Fender Stratocaster sound. Includes a hardshell guitar case.

With its humbucker pickups and no tone controls, I'd suggest that the Jim Root is a Strat in body only; and at a retail price of $1499.99, one would probably buy it as a homage to Jim Root and not just to acquire a Fender hardtail Strat. The MIM Strats that I've owned seemed like really nice guitars, and I truly believe that there's room for a hardtail at that price point...

Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm