View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterh View Post
I have mine floating, 3 springs, .010 strings. I like to be able to bend up as well as down when I use the vibrato. I had a setup once where the tech decked it but I hadn’t asked him to and got him to return it to how I wanted it.

As an aside, is it as easy to pull up with a traditional 6-screw bridge as it is with the two point floating? Never thought about it when I have actually tried vintage style Strats...
Hey Pieter, I don't think there's much difference pulling up with the 6-screw term. Usually the 6 screw trem has the two outer screw a tad lower than the 4 inner screws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
My feeling is that there are a lot of Strat players who never use their whammy bars. To me it begs the question why Fender doesn't offer more Strat models with a hardtail bridge. The Robert Cray is the only one that comes to mind, and its $924.99 price is not exactly bottom line.....
Count me on being one of those people who would like a hardtail strat. I never use the trems on my Strats. I've read that a hardtail does give a difference in tone over a trem, even if the trem is blocked (i.e. piece of wood in the cavity preventing it from moving). Perhaps it's tradition as to why there's always a trem.