View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raregroove View Post
Audio Technica AT4041 $299 (sold as a pair in the pack is $499)

Focusrite Saffire 6 interface $185

later you can add another AT4041 for a stereo pair, they match pretty good.

This is a great little setup on the cheap.
Right, thanks dude. Haven't heard much people talking about the AT4041. Have you personally used the AT4041 and the saffire 6? Saffire 6 sure looks neat but there's a small crowd with bad reviews.

The Sapphire 6's in my consideration along with the emu0404usb and the presonus audiobox.

Thanks for your time for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi J0…

I like the Lexicon Omega for a home interface, and in the $200-300 range the options for small diaphragm mics the Octavas are pretty enticing. Actually, I'd probably be looking for something in the 20mm diaphragm range rather than true small diaphragm.

I like the tone they produce with acoustic guitars…

Havent heard of the lexicon omega, but did a quick search. Have you personally used it before, and any bad experiences? Read that it has bad quality control issues.

Right now I'm trying to narrow down my audio interface choices to Sapphire 6, emu0404 and the presonus audiobox and of course if there's something as good in the range.

Mic's wise, I've seen many people talking about how value for money the Octava mk012s are. But I've recently read on gearslutz about the Little Blondie by a forumer there. Its a really small condenser mic (really small) that has all good reviews (if not almost all).

http://littleblondie.com/

Has anyone tried them?