View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 12:51 PM

I have used Fedex twice in the last month and both times all was well (about 5k worth of guitars). Good tracking via mobile phone and delivered promptly (1 day using fedex ground up the East Coast, and 3 days from across the country via fedex home delivery). I would echo the suggestion to have the guitar held at a nearby fedex office if you aren't going to be in to receive it (or even if you are, and it will be out on the hot truck all day). I missed delivery and it took an extra day and a half to have it delivered to my local fedex office after it was returned to the depot. You can do all this via their website so it's comparatively painless. I haven't heard of anyone having a guitar damaged in transit with fedex, but I"m sure it has happened. Your homeowners might cover it though don't make that assumption. We have an umbrella and the guitars are covered, but the deductible is more than the individual guitars are worth, so I have to get a rider on the policy to avoid the deductible - and that requires a written valuation so I haven't actually done it yet, but I understand it would be inexpensive (less than $100).