View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 06:17 AM

Location: Though a bred, born, and imprinted Texan, I live in the sw corner of Southern Mississippi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
Buy an original design Breedlove?

Or a bridge doctor....sorry....but they work.
I have tried the Bridge Doctor with zip success. Everyone was telling me they were a good idea and there are some guitars that come with them. Having them, or something similar, in a new guitar, I think is a good idea, but it didn't work for my application.

The consensus was that I had let the bridge "come up" too much before I installed one. This could be.

My guitar condition was that the area in front of the bridge was settling and the area behind raising. The bridge was secure to the top. (I would rather had the bridge separating from the top.)

I was told I was using it correctly.

Oh...yeah...the guitar had ladder bracing (unfortunately) and a big 17" lower bout.

Also, it was one of the bridges where the strings enter a hole in front of the bridge, exit at the back and then is pulled over the saddle. Looking at the physics of the thing, it looked like what one would do to rotate the bridge to push the front down and pull up the back.

(What are those sorts of bridges called? Other than "bad idea.")

Ken C.
Gibson J-45 Rosewood
Gibson J-50 Mahogany
G-40 Maccaferri arch top (3 ea.)
Kay Catalina arch top w/DeArmond floating p.u.
Harmony arch top
Silvertone (Kay) flat top
Framus 12-string
Harmony tenor arch top
Gakki Yamaha FG-140
DeArmond arch top
And 14 misc.ukes.