View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcouStickistNS View Post
For that what DavidE posted above works really well with acoustics. A JC120 isn't too bad either. Depending on what you are running into, you may not even need any of that other than an eq plus whatever effects you want.

For those of you with electrics, also consider the Helix is dual DSP, and this was also designed and built from the ground up so it doesn't have too much in common with previous L6 models. This is important if you really want to add more than one amp with a lot of effects. If money is no object the top of the line Axe FX with the rack and floor controller I believe also has dual DSP but their floor models similar to the Helix do not, unless that's changed recently. Plus I like having a built in foot pedal. Always good for a volume pedal.

The lighted switches and digital displays on the Helix are fantastic. No worries seeing what you are using on a dark stage.

For those that have a Helix, frequently check their website for updates. A few months ago I discovered there was some new amps I didn't have. They also have a forum where people share patches. I downloaded a couple of acoustic guitar patches, many did not use amps or cabs.

Oh ok. So you don't HAVE to use an amp/cab sim. I seem to remember looking into the HD500 a few years ago and I don't think you could turn off the amp/cab sim, or something like that. Helix seems way more better[emoji6]

So if I get a Helix, then I'll have a Helix and a Felix!!! How funny.

I've sold a lot of my pedals to fund the Helix, but I'm hanging on to the Felix for my dual source rig until I see how Helix does with that. I should be able to use the 2 returns on the LT.
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp