View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbiker1961 View Post
I only run the guitar through the amp. I am running a powered 8 channel mixer with great effects and equalization for the vocals. As far as the channel that I run the DI from the fishman to the pa, That is set to flat with no effects. All my effects on the guitar are coming from amp or my pedalboard. We have a seperate floor monitor for vocals. But you can run your vocals through the Fishman amp. It's 2 channels with seperate effects and volume, so you can control the mix. But personally I do not want vocals coming through my guitar amp at gigs. Sitting in my living room is fine.

So it's sounding to me that I may need a powered PA speaker to get a mix of my vocals and guitar coming through. As much as I'd love one of each I couldn't fit it in my small hatchback car with my PA and guitars already in there! Hearing my vocals is just as important to me as hearing my guitar as it's coming out through my main PA speakers.

It would be interesting to hear the people's views who have voted powered pa as the poll is pretty much even.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT