View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 03:27 PM

Default Powered PA speaker or Acoustic Amp?

Here's my scenario I currently gig with a Yamaha Stagepas 600i. Very happy with it does everything I need for guitar and vocals. I run my mic through a harmony singer then out to the stagepas mixer and my guitar goes through a Radial PZ DI to the stagepas mixer. The mixer has a 1/4 input to send a line out for a powered monitor speaker.

I bought a TC Helicon VoiceSolo FX150 to use as a small practice PA at home and as a small floor/wedge monitor out on gigs thinking it would be more than enough. 12 months of trying to use it as a floor monitor have proved it doesn't cut it. I can't hear it and it's not usable. It's a great little PA for home practice and maybe VERY small coffee shops but that's were I'd draw the line.

Anyway sorry for going on, here's the question. Do I buy a acoustic amp and run everything through that and then DI out from the amp to the Stagepas and use the amp for practice at home.

Or do I buy a powered PA speaker and use that as a monitor. I have a 2 channel mixer that I could use with it for home practice.

1st priority is live stage monitoring and 2nd is practice at home.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Taylor Big Baby Walnut