View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Burns View Post
Blueridges are Martin knockoffs - they also use banned Cities wood , which i wouldnt buy-- Brazilian is a fantastic guitar wood but the chinese goverment doesnt follow international regulations on using banned materials ( New growth BR )- plus a few other thoughts - they are braced very lightly with thin tops , thats why they sound good-- lets see how they look and play 20 years from now with constant tension -- i dont trust them ... Buy something of quality not from China, in the long run you will be alot happier -- Their is also questions about slave labor in China - or should i say human rights violations ! You can get phenominal sounding guitars for not alot of dough ( that are not Chinese ), Id put my Larrivee OMv60 up against any Blueridge guitar - seriously !

Like I said, Blueridges get slammed on a lot of guitar forums. I've actually stopped visiting one particular guitar forum because of stuff like this.

Tony, you seem to have issues with non-American made products: is everything in your house American made, or are you mainly concerned when it comes to guitars? I ask, because in the relatively short amount of time I've frequented guitar forums (although I've been playing for about 25 years now), I've learned that a lot of importance is placed on the name on your guitar's headstock.