View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
well, no one told me to shut up yet or made replies, so ill post my latest thoughts on this, after a 3-4 days of doing this, it breaks down into 2 parts-reading music and knowing the fretboard- 1st part, reading music is easy enough, id still forget adding duo and triads and this points, thing is, i still suggest learning the notes and scales (in different keys) on the keyboard, simply because you just learning to read music, you know only to know 12 notes- thats it, fairly simple actually-going beyond this will tell you which octave the notes are played on- you know what notes make a whatever chord- and the notes in every scale from major to minor etc etc- 2nd part is playing this on a guitar which is easier said then done, im afraid i see (just up to the 12th fret) no less then memorizing 72 notes(6 for each fret) this is going to be a daily practice routine, which i believe will drag into months and years, i seriously think that is the reason tabs are so popular, if you think about it, you dont even have to read music, its more like follow the numbers, regardless, even you dont reach this stage, knowing the notation music will help on guitar fretboard in the long run

Thanks, I agree that knowing this is very important. I can do the how but I need to know the why. If it takes years to do it. So be it.