View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 08:47 PM

Question Anyone heard of Angel Rosados ?

I just started playing back in May and this is my first post. I've been playing violin in an Opera orchestra for 30 yrs and am looking to retire very soon. I started a small collection. 1970 Gibson es335 TD, LP Clone, Yamaha FG 330s, an old Geman harp guitar, a mandolin and now a Angel Rosados classical LP 10... I spoke with an appraiser at Elderly Instruments and he told me it was machine made and the $200 I paid was just about right. We had a great laugh when I mentioned the hand made in Valencia label; he went on to explain they obviously won't have robots putting these thing together etc. Anyway, the funny thing is that it actually sounds quite good.. not just for the money.. So if anyone has any information on Rosados guitars, I'd be very interested.

I believe I will be continuing looking and am probably the classic case of the gassing newbie (took awhile to run that acronym down).. I played a 2005 Ramirez SP 1 that I really wanted but it was sold away when I went back and a freind of mine has a shop with a 30 yr old Ramirez that is cracked lightly for 3000.

The one thing about guitars is the huge variety of styles, materials and types of music. I hope to become passable in the next few years..

Great Website!

Charlie