View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargeak99 View Post
Went to GC the other night to pickup the 322 12 Fret. Unboxed it right there and..............it was a 14 Fret, they ordered the wrong one! I was crushed. The local GC has had the same 3 guitar sales associates for quite a while and they've always taken care of me. The guy who screwed up the order was bummed & very apologetic. I told him not to sweat it, and the this was just a "first world problem".
I realize this thread is not about a comparison between these two guitars but:
I did play the 322 14 Fret for a bit. Beautiful guitar, played and sounded great. Really could put out the sound for a small Grand Concert body size. I personally like the chime that the Tasmanian Blackwood B/S gives, instead of Mahogany.
But, this guitar did not seem to have the bass response of the 12 Fret. I could notice it and therefore did not take this guitar. They've ordered a 12 Fretter without electronics for me from Taylor.
1 month ETA.
The Taylor website has a cool "compare" feature where you can select 2 different guitars and listen to recordings back-to-back.
I did this with the 322 14 & 12 fretters and I experienced the same sound between the two.
I think they could have made up for their error by offering you a BOGO promo!