View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hi Bill, you did a great job! Nice vocals too. How did you lose your singing voice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by glissongs View Post
That was nice.
Incidentally, I have pretty much lost my voice as well, due to a medical condition. What's YOUR reason?

I came down with Costochondritis 5 years ago. I found many who suffer with this disorder. For some people this disorder goes away. For others, like myself, it can be a life long chronic condition. I don't have the strength to project my voice nor the breath to sustain.

Costochondritis (kos-toe-kon-DRY-tis) is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone (sternum). Pain caused by costochondritis might mimic that of a heart attack or other heart conditions. Costochondritis is sometimes known as chest wall pain. For some people this can go away in a few months and some people, like myself, it can go on for years. When the pain is very bad in my sternum it makes breathing a challenge. My pain level is about at a 5-6 everyday which is enough to keep me short of breath at times rendering singing very difficult to do.