View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 03:08 AM

Hello marcus

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds like his tone will be his take on greenfield's tone then in the same way that applegate and heinonen for example will tend to take after olson's tone but not jot completely either. Am i right?

Also i look forward to watching your video when yoi receive the halland guitar.

Lastly all the best for your new shop! There are so few custom and boutique guitar shops in our region that i will certainly try to visit the next time i come to singapore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Hi gitarro. I posed the question to Gage and this is what he has to say:

"My time at Greenfield Guitars has turned me into a “big fat tone” disciple, and that’s the sound I’m after.

My building philosophy is to create a nearly seamless connection between all components of the instrument. I strive for the usual - tone, volume, clarity and note to note articulation - but I have a few theories about what makes all of it work together a little more efficiently.

Aesthetically speaking, the pursuit of the above attributes drives me to keep the adornments simple and let the beauty of a well made guitar speak for itself."

I hope that answers your question. With regards to videos of his guitars, he only just recently got started up with 1 batch of guitars completed. This OM-C will be his 14th guitar so there aren't many floating around in the market currently. If I am not mistaken, we are the only dealers of Halland Guitars for the time being I shall definitely be shooting a video for the guitar when it arrives!