View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Burns View Post
Blueridges are Martin knockoffs - they also use banned Cities wood , which i wouldnt buy-- Brazilian is a fantastic guitar wood but the chinese goverment doesnt follow international regulations on using banned materials ( New growth BR )- plus a few other thoughts - they are braced very lightly with thin tops , thats why they sound good-- lets see how they look and play 20 years from now with constant tension -- i dont trust them ... Buy something of quality not from China, in the long run you will be alot happier -- Their is also questions about slave labor in China - or should i say human rights violations ! You can get phenominal sounding guitars for not alot of dough ( that are not Chinese ), Id put my Larrivee OMv60 up against any Blueridge guitar - seriously !

Tony -

I've been following Blueridge closely (including owning 4 or 5) for 4 years now. Facts and sources to back up your assertions please?

By the way, I think if I'm not mistaken that the woods used in their guitars are sourced from the American side of the business and not by the Chinese...

anyway, please give us some specifics to back up the assertions you're making, or get back to playing...