View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
With no Facebook account, I saw exactly the description Sean gave. Worked fine.

I suspect you may be using old versions of your browsers and need to update them. Just get the latest version.

Firefox and Chrome worked fine with Sean's instructions for me. I'm not sure if they still update Internet Explorer or if it's been abandoned, but there are many alternatives like the two I've mentioned that are free downloads.

I've had similar problems in the past using older versions of browsers. Typically, I'd be ordering something and would almost be finished, and maybe the "Order" button simply would not exist, or I couldn't change quantities as there was no place to do it, etc. After several frustrating attempts, I'd finally switch to an entirely different browser and immediately noticed everything looked identical---except the critical buttons appeared or the links I needed finally worked.

Technically, I have no idea why that it is, but as websites change and add complexity, older browsers are hit with code they simply weren't designed to understand. You end up with no choice but to update your browsers or switch to a different one, in the worst case.

The original Netscape may still run on some PCs, but on today's internet, it's pretty useless.

If it still doesn't work (and that's possible), try this link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...817391646&_rdr

It typically works to just take the webpage URL and change the "www" to "m". It bypasses normal facebook and goes into their video area somehow. I use if often, especially if I want to save a video for some reason.
I use an iPad with Safari that is up to date. That said, I just tried your “m” trick and that worked. Thanks!