Thread: Black Richlite
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 05:30 AM

I am also very happy with my Micarta fretboard. I've had ebony and rosewood fretboards. I like ebony more than rosewood. But I have to say after I got over the "thought" that my new guitar has micarta instead of "real" wood...it didn't bother me at all. It plays every bit as well as my ebony fretboard did, and better than the rosewood. (Actually, It plays a bit "faster" than my ebony fretboard and I like it every bit as well if not more.) And if it holds up well...then, whats the problem? As an added bonus it looks like the ebony too. So, the moral is, for me, if it plays and looks good...what's the big deal. It seems at this point to be every bit as good as the "real" wood. It is just the thought of it not being wood. (I got over not having to have wood bindings too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
I owned a D16-GT with micarta fingerboard, and absolutely loved it. The feel was like the very best ebony, it was totally consistent, and the uniform black looked really good too.

I'd much rather have a synthetic fingerboard to a non-premium grade ebony one, or any rosewood one.