View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
I sponsored a Bose/Fishman A/B at my local GC a few years ago and Fishman ended up sending reps when they heard about it.

To me, and the folks I chatted with, Fishman was the clear winner, and the price difference is substancial. You can add a really decent subwoofer to the SA220 (if necessary), and still be less expensive than the Bose.

I admit I am not a Bose fan in general, it's the only thing I do not like about my new Infiniti G IPL, Bose has a signature sound and I find it a bit compressed and very lacking on the low end, even when designed specifically for a car in a very controlled environment.

But I digress. I decided to start gigging again at 62 and bought a SoloAmp a few weeks ago. After 1 gig in a noisy Italian Restaurant, and many hours at home, I am fairly satisfied. Neither the Bose or Fishman sound as good as a traditional system, say QSC or Mackie with a decent board, but the portability cannot be dismissed.

It's true most audiences would not notice the difference between the Bose and Fishman. I am long time into high end audio/home theater, and to my ears the Fishman is less compressed, less processed, and more articulate.

Different strokes, just my opinion................
Rich, I think you are confusing the Bose L1 Compact, with its double the price brother the Bose L1 Model 2. The Fishman SA220 and the Bose L1 Compact are virtually the same price--around $1k...

All in all, an interesting comparison, Bard Rocks...I have been meaning to try out some small PAs soon, so I will be checking those two, for sure.

Thanks!
Taylor 150E
Taylor Limited Edition 326ce 8-string baritone
Various other instruments