Thread: QSC K8 or K10?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 10:18 AM

I actually went for th K8 after giving both a listen. When you do an A/B, punch in the "bass" selector and give them a good ear. I liked the smaller size and weight. All of that said, if it was my "main" speaker, I would get the 10 just for the bigger bass driver which gives you more flexibility in the long run. You would not be disappointed with the K8, but if you don't mind dropping the extra dime, the K10 is excellent. I have seen Doyle Dykes and Vicki Genfan play through the K8 (Doyle Dykes) with the powered QSC subs, and saw Vicki with the K12 as stand alone speakers and just a mixer. Both were incredibly clear tone with their trademark playing coming through. I am seriously impressed with the QSC line. After years of powered Mackies, (before the BOSE hit the market and I swapped it all out), the QSC line is light years ahead of any powered speakers I have used/heard.
I would say that if you are not in the top of the line sound realm -- high quality, high headroom audiophile power amp, SPS-1 preamp, Deadalus speakers, then you need to look at the QSC line with a good mixer. The sound reproduction, clarity and overall tone is seriously impressive. K8 or K10, you will be rewarded.
davidc