View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Ummmm... Uhhhhh... The upper-mid peak was deliberately baked into the U47 to make it possible to mic an orchestra and vocal soloist with one mic and get excellent articulation on the voice. How do you reproduce the U47 without one of its most sought-after characteristics?

Bob
Hi Bob,
I'm ignorant of the finer points of exactly what is built in to any particular brand or model of mic, and I'm certainly guilty of taking stock in reviews that I consider to be more or less reputable.
As others have stated, nobody is going to re-create any vintage mic for a few hundred dollars, and these mics really need to be evaluated on a case by case basis by whomever is using them.
All I'm really saying about the Roswell Mini K47 is that it has a pleasing personality that is somewhat different in character than the normal import LDC with the exaggerated upper mid. I personally think the large majority of these bargain mics have purposefully boosted upper-mids that become a bit yawn-inducing when they are actually worked with. It's refreshing to see SOMETHING that breaks that pattern.