View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Although I've never owned or played one (I've owned a CA GXi and Cargo), I believe opinions have been that the Composite Acoustics (CA) Legacy may have come close to what you want. Hopefully, Ted @ LA Guitars will chime in here as he may have the most experience and best opinion about it.

Having just taken delivery of CA Legacy gloss finish, I can say this guitar fits the bill. Traditional dred. Shape and feel. This is one of the few CF guitars I beleive that has a CF braced tuned top and is the most wood like sounding CF guitar I have played. In a blind test , I doubt anyone could tell it wasn't a wood guitar. It is on the heavy side though, but I haven't found it to be a problem. The body is thinner than expected. I think 4-5/8 at the bottom of the lower bout and tapering to around 3.5 as you move up the body. Very balanced and plenty of base. The Fishman electronics are great too. Nice Gotoh 510 tuners. Stainless frets and cf nut saddle and bridge. The set up from the factory right on . Overall very pleased.