View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytone View Post
I thought about starting a new thread, but decided to just post on the end of this one.

As a further exploration of the claims of the stability of Carbon Fiber to extreme temperature changes, I just conducted another experiment. I left my guitar out in my vehicle overnight, with the temperature dropping down to 19 degrees Fahrenheit.

After bringing it inside to a 74 degree Fahrenheit house I immediately opened the case. (I would never do this to a wooden guitar...Yikes!!!).

Other than the strings needing tuning, no observations of ANY problems!!!
My Peterson strobo-tuner that I accidentally left in the case, would not read until it warmed up though...oops...

Now to go warm up my fingers...Eeekkk...
OK...I admit it...I'm a lazy guy and just wanted to give an update without starting a new thread...
Now that I have had my X20 in Nashville tuning for about a year now, I can report that yep...it still sounds nice...nope...I'm putting regular strings back on...(I have the dedicated high strung anyway...sigh...) & yes...Everyone should try it too see if your Carbon Fiber will "sing" with the Angel Hair sound...
This has been a fun experiment, but I'm kinda missing those bass lows when I play this little jewel...
Out of the several capos that I have "messed" with, the "Spider Capo" seems to work best on the neck curvature, even though it takes a little tweaking to get it locked in place...Kinda like a "set & forget" thing...
As far as strings...I still love my D'Adarrio's, but still would like to experiment with the "Cleartones"...
Anyway...I also wanted to see if I could catch anyone who has not seen the original "joke post" too...I'M So Cruel!!! LOL
Play safe my friends!!!
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini