View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob
I'm where you are in terms of 1/8 note strumming speed. With a thin pick, I can get to 150 bpm playing a I-IV-V7 progression but seem stuck there. It's not a deal killer at all because I primarily Fingerstyle and flatpick so I don't need that kind of 1/8 note speed often at all. But I do want the ability throw in a fast 1/8 note or 1/16 note fill/riff in my music in the future.
It's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. The teacher assured me I'm where I should be for the time I've been playing, so I'm not going to stress about it anymore. I'll keep practicing, and the speed will come up naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0cks View Post
It's so difficult to put it into words, and as you say, you just have to feel the music/beat and try not to think about it.
Bad Moon Rising has such a distinctive rhythm. I'm not having any trouble feeling the rhythm, just playing the rhythm as fast as the video recording. My whole being feels the rhythm at 180BPM, except my right arm, which feels it at 140.