View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 04:03 PM

Thanks Fran. Very interesting comparison since I have a canon vixa. The sound quality i get is like yours with acoustic guitar and I haven't tried a separate mic.
I think in all these vids on YouTube, I would rather get a better sound than a better picture. I have a Sony pcm10 and need to try your approach with the canon.

How about just an iPhone with a better mic or an iPad? I see many vids with the iPhone that look good and the sound is decent. Not perfect but decent. Adding a quality mic to an iPhone might be the easiest approach. The easier it is, the more likely I will actually do some vids of my acoustics.

I was at the prs factory this summer and they had a studio and were doing demos of their guitars and amp. They used multiple dslr cameras and an AVID interface with few condenser mics. They do a great job with their vids.

The other guy I watch all the time on YouTube is pete thorn. He uses a point and shoot camera with his interface for his electrics. He gets an awesome sound using his universal audio appollo. I think Pete does the best vids with his set up and his gear reviews. His camera approach is simple and also uses his Mac and Apple logic to do them.

Tom

Toms Soundclick Page

Last edited by tammuz7000; 01-09-2017 at 04:08 PM.