View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyMartinMan View Post
I haven't seen anything to indicate that anyone believes that someone (a seller or buyer) can't have a change of heart. I think it's more like every individual should live by a code of behavior. One of those codes is to honor your obligations which includes legal contracts, yes agreeing to sell a product for an agreed upon price is a legally binding contract, especially after consideration has been received, and the OP did that.

I don't see any issue or confusion here. About half of the poster's indicated they may not honor their obligation if they changed their mind and the other half stated they would. I believe anyone can change their mind at any time but once a contract has been agreed upon, no matter of change-of-heart negates that contract. Change your mind any time but man up and honor one's obligations. The OP did that and I too applaud him for doing what may have been difficult. I hope anyone I deal with (whether I'm selling or buying) would be a stand-up person like the OP and honor their obligation.
Was a legal contract signed? I guess I missed that bit too, unless you're privy to the details of this sale that the rest of us are not. Obviously, if any promise was made, in writing or verbally, then that's a different story.