View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 06:07 PM

I haven't seen anything to indicate that anyone believes that someone (a seller or buyer) can't have a change of heart. I think it's more like every individual should live by a code of behavior. One of those codes is to honor your obligations which includes legal contracts, yes agreeing to sell a product for an agreed upon price is a legally binding contract, especially after consideration has been received, and the OP did that.

I don't see any issue or confusion here. About half of the poster's indicated they may not honor their obligation if they changed their mind and the other half stated they would. I believe anyone can change their mind at any time but once a contract has been agreed upon, no matter of change-of-heart negates that contract. Change your mind any time but man up and honor one's obligations. The OP did that and I too applaud him for doing what may have been difficult. I hope anyone I deal with (whether I'm selling or buying) would be a stand-up person like the OP and honor their obligation.