View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 PM

? You can order the exact guitar you want online. GC and MF sell online. You can even order it from one of the dealer sponsors on this forum. Ted at LA Guitars or Guitar Rodeo will sell you a Taylor for a couple hundred less than GC or MF (not sure how haggling or coupons will affect this, but normally, they will beat GC/MF handily).

As for comparing the 314 to a 414, I've had both and played bunches of both. Both are just fine. I currently have an Ovankol GA4, but I almost think the Sapele models tend to have a little more zip and liveliness. At least the ones that have made the biggest impression on me have happened to be Sapele.

So, keep playing them for awhile, but if that one at the GC consistently floats your boat, grab it. (you can ask to have the guitars you are interested in restrung, or ask when they are due to be re-strung, or even buy a pack of strings and ask them if they could schedule a restringing, at their convenience, for you. If you can visit the store sometime when they aren't swamped, you will have better luck, in all regards).

Or, you can order one from Ted at LA Guitars and do the initial opening up of a brand new guitar yourself.

-You could just as well be hung for a sheep as a goat.