View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 02:43 PM

While I appreciate a good discussion and even enjoy the jabs , nobody has actually *TRIED* this, which was my original question. Still glad for everyones input.

Only thing that made me start the thread was a NGD post for a Circa dread that had the treatment done, and it was referenced in that thread with the website and an endorsement by some wood dealer i think.

I actually am in love with my Greenfield. It is the most articulate guitar I've ever heard. I have been on a tone-quest for years, but make sure my playing time outweighs such pursuits by at least 20 to 1.

I almost kept a Somogyi I had on trial for 2 weeks, but eventually sent it back because it was so three dimensional the bass lacked something I was after (especially if you are doing a lot of bass note in the melody type stuff) What I am still haunted by after returning that guitar was the amount of "bloom" that guitar had. Bloom was something I had always read about , but when you played that Somogyi it smacked you in the face - each note gained volume AFTER attack in a very audible way.

The Greenfield is still a much more versatile guitar than the Somogyi IMHO. I know horses for courses. That doesn't mean I still don't want to get the Somogyi back one day if possible.

Im doubting the AO1 process is going to fuse those two tone-types into one guitar!