View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 05:09 PM

Thanks so much for all the great responses. Lots of great info!
I think for this first one I will just follow the plans. They have all the necessary info to build the guitar as drawn. Overall a Very Nice set of plans.
I have made the Body Mold, Top and Back templates, and the Bending Iron and think I'm about ready to start
I decided to just build from scratch because I have plenty of wood to use from my cabinet business and I like to do things from scratch. I find it very rewarding to start with a pile of rough sawn lumber and end up with something beautiful. I have Cherry, Walnut, Alder, Maple ( both Hard and Soft, some is Curly with Ambrosia in it), Oak ( both White and Red), Poplar, Cedar, Hemlock and Ash.
My shop is pretty well climate controlled. I have both heat and air in it but I will wait until the humidity is down outside as well to glue up the top and back with the braces just to be safe.
For my first build, I was originally going to use Cherry for the back and sides because I have some beautiful quarter sawn cherry and go with a hemlock top, as I was asking about in my first post on this forum. But I think now that I'll go with some Ambrosia Maple and save the Cherry for later as I have alot more Maple in case of any screw ups.
Thanks again for the great responses, any more advice is appreciated.