View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the well wishes guys, they're much appreciated. I'm doing pretty well and consider myself to be VERY fortunate, considering that we did battle with a loaded semi-trailer on the interstate and walked away from it. A broken nose, facial lacerations, sore neck, and headache were the only immediate fall-out from it. Though I did experience a strange, sudden issue with my right arm a week later (felt like a torn rotator cuff) that may turn-out to be an on-going thing. It was a real issue for two days that had me barely being able to use my right arm, but then it mysteriously mostly went away. I've talked to several people who've been in accidents who had similar symptoms... who ended-up having herniated disks in their necks that were cause the arm issues. So who knows where I'll end-up with that. But I'm feeling good at the moment and crossing my fingers that I continue to feel so.

One thing I forgot to mention was that my Cordoba GK Pro blanca was in an SKB hard case in the back of the Chevy Tahoe that we were riding in when we got rear-ended. I was too messed-up from the accident to check on it all day. But when I picked it up from a coworker's house later that night (she had to retrieve it from the wrecked car for me), and opened the case at home... it was as good as new. I was very relieved for that! I also had my Fishman Loudbox Mini in the back there and it seems to be fine, though I should plug into it tonight and verify that for insurance purposes!

Thanks again for the well-wishes and I definitely still plan to end-up with a GK Pro negra at some point (though my F10 and blanca have been fully satisfying me).