View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
I've downloaded Reaper, and it looks complete and logical. But I'm looking at the EQ and Reverb options and they seem maybe a bit less refined than those that come with Presonus, so I'd need to buy some third party plugins for those as well and I've read that the Waves offerings for instance don't work well with Reaper. Have you experienced any difficulties along those lines?

Thanks for your help!

BTW, Toontacks support was very quick. You can output both wav and midi files from their standalone program.

i use reaper as my daw, and have the waves bundle pack plugins. no problems using them together, whatsoever. i also have ad2, and it works flawlessly in reaper (as it should).

the reaeq is a very full featured eq. their stock compressor is a little tricky, but it works well, too. reaper also has a nice convolution reverb host. it only comes with one preloaded file, but you can find many online. some are free, and some aren't all that expensive. my main reverb plugin i use is valhalla vintage verb. it was only $40.00 (when i got it). it's a very nice reverb, at any price.

https://valhalladsp.com/shop/reverb/...-vintage-verb/