View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
EZD2 has a 'stand alone' version, I'm sure you can output files from it in standard formats like WAV (I've never tried).
But that's going to be a very messy way of doing a drum track - you won't be able to do anything but EQ/compress/etc the whole stereo track. Want to change a fill, or lower the snare volume? Re-doo the whole drum track.
I'd advise moving up to a better (paid for) DAW that will allow you to use 3rd party plugins.
Reaper is free to download the full version. $60 to register once you decide its the one for you.
I've downloaded Reaper, and it looks complete and logical. But I'm looking at the EQ and Reverb options and they seem maybe a bit less refined than those that come with Presonus, so I'd need to buy some third party plugins for those as well and I've read that the Waves offerings for instance don't work well with Reaper. Have you experienced any difficulties along those lines?

Thanks for your help!

BTW, Toontacks support was very quick. You can output both wav and midi files from their standalone program.