View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsch4me View Post
Pre-drilled on the bottom to accommodate an output jack/ pickup system eg. LR Baggs Element and tons others, if the owner wishes to do so. Hole is centered correctly at the factory. LOTS of (beautiful) wood and bracing to drill through if that hole wasn't there. Now imagine it was Cocobolo or Brazilian rosewood you'd have to drill thru. One slip of the bit or the hole gets drill crooked, or DIY'er doesn't read the installation instructions and uses a drill bit that's way to big, or doesn't know the difference between a cincrete bit and a wood bit...disastrous results. There must be tons of horror stories out there concerning the ruin of many a beautiful guitar. Stupidity is not covered under warranty btw.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
This doesn't quite work because the hole is not big enough for an endpin jack. In fact, one could argue it would be easier to just drill a hole in the guitar rather than enlarging the one that's there. As I understand it, the endpins are left out of the hole tp avoid possible damage from the guitar being set on the endpin and slipping or getting banged. On the other hand, I watched a Guitar Center employee put the endpin into a new Martin CEO7 and bang it repeatedly on the floor to seat it firmly. Guitar seemed to survive OK.