View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2558 View Post
Not to change the topic, but I do have a question regarding the Aura Enhave VT in my GPC-35E. I googled else where but I think this is too new of a technology to have much reference on the net, so here goes.

Last night I went to practice and decided to take my K&K pure mini preamp with me and try it with my GPC-35E. I plugged it into the guitar, and sent the output direct to the board. After about five minutes all of a sudden I lost my sound. I then plugged the guitar direct it to the board, and I had sound. So that ruled out the guitar.

This morning I tested the K&K preamp with my M-36 (which it was intended for). Everything worked as expected. So I tried it with the GPC-35E and got nothing.

I'm stumped. It worked for five minutes last night, but no more.

I'm not much when it comes to electronics, but all I can think of some sort of impedance mis match. (And this wouldn't normally be a problem except the other acoustic played does use a preamp with his Taylor and he tends to get loud on occasion.)

Thoughts?

That's very odd. However, the Aura in your guitar doesn't require any other preamp. You might use a tone shaping EQ compressor, etc. Perhaps the signal was too hot from your active Aura pickup and clipped out? Bad cable? Loose jack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro