View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTube View Post
Thanks for the review. I bought this exact model last Saturday and I'm very happy with it. I can't get over how super lightweight it is, and the feel is phenomenal.

Like yourself, I would have hated the 'V' neck at one time, but since I started playing almost exclusively in proper classical position, it feels great now.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "Monkey pod" wood? I had never heard of Trembesi until I researched this model.

Real Mother Of Pearl inlays? Wow. I wouldn't have guessed that. And I thought the soundhole "inlays" were actually stickers.
Monkey Pod is a nice wood when finished to a gloss. I had never heard of Trembesi either. Likely a name Washburn made up or snagged to fit their purposes. On page 2 of google I came up with a few posts that implied it was a type of Monkey Pod.

If the soundhole inly were stickers they would be overlay and you would feel a edge. I would not go to the bank that the MOP is real but it sure looks real. At some point I am sure I will do "scratch Test" lol