View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Charter Member

Default Experiences With Alhambra Professional or Ramirez 125 Anos?

Its been years since I've owned a classical guitar and that was an inexpensive Giannani, which was the only guitar I owned for a couple of years. I'm thinking of buying another one (used if I can find a good one). I'm looking for a very responsive and powerful guitar and I believe I want to go into the direction of a spruce top, though I'm not locked into that. I also want one with a 52mm neck with a relatively slender neck profile.

I'm probably going to have to buy without playing unless I can find something used in a Nashville area guitar shop. Based on the research I've done including sound clips and reviews, several look interesting including the Cordoba Solista, Manuel Rodriguez FC, and especially the Jose Ramirez 125 Anos, and most especially the Alhambra Linea Professional.

I would love to have any comments from those who have tried or own any of these and especially the Jose Ramirez and Alhambra. This sound clip in particular has me drooling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCv-TqTtGI

Martin 0000-18 12-Fret Adi/Sinker Mahogany

Last edited by oldrocker; 01-13-2012 at 11:29 PM.