View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Miner View Post
I would have agreed...until now. Rog sadly missed the Gathering (and we missed him!), so was not privy to the unveiling of the brand new (1 week old!) Timberline harp guitar: https://www.timberlineguitars.com/

If you're not familiar with Timberline (I was not a year ago), you can trust me on this, as I agreed to co-design the instrument and sell it direct - all to meet my line-in-the-sand challenge of $999 (which Rob did!).
That's stripped (no case or electronics, which are options), but gets you in the game.
I haven't got the page up yet, but we're taking $200 deposits now and will get first batch into production asap.
Yes, that IS a mahogany top (has all solid woods), which looks and sounds wonderful.
Hello Gregg. I want to chime in as I am also looking at jumping into the harp realm. First, big thanks for all you do in the harp guitar realm. I have been researching the realm a great lengths and your name comes up often.

I am very glad you posted this as I had nearly written of Timberline. I saw Jamie Dupuis is an endorsee and plays one, but could really find nothing else. I have generally not had good experiences with guitars made in Indonesia. However I am a firm believer in that it all comes down to how a factory or shop is run. If run well, there's no reason why any country couldn't put out a great guitar.

Can you provide any further information about the Timberline Harp Guitar or point me in the right direction? There's almost nothing on their website as of now. My main inquiry is;
-string spacing at nut and saddle?
-lower bout width?
-depth at the endpin?

I love the cutaway, that's a must for me. Thanks, I am very interested!!

Oh yeah, here is a great clip of Jamie playing a Timberline Harp guitar. Must have been a prototype, no cutaway and the video was posted 1 month ago.

Last edited by Kerbie; 10-25-2017 at 11:13 AM.