View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 02:02 AM

I was bored yesterday so I went to the guitar shop to start doing some experimentation for a possible Fishman Piezo Bridge install on a possible upcoming electric guitar, I paired the Bodyrez pedal with a PRS P22 with the piezo bridge.
On its own and through the electric amp (Fender Twin Reverb) the piezo bridges are not the most accurate acoustic tone, but I found that improved instantly when I switched to playing through an acoustic amp.

The addition of the Bodyrez to this really made a difference to make it sound more like a real acoustic guitar, of course not completely as for a start there was no wound G string, but IMO way more acoustic-like then I expected. As in this case its basically an effect, i didn't feel so bad about cranking the level too high, although there is definitely a sweet spot about 2pm that seems to be similar to what you guys who've tested it with acoustic guitars have been saying.

Unfortunately when playing the P22 with the piezo bridge and with the Bodyrez through an electric amp, the Bodyrez difference was only very subtle and to me didn't create enough improvement here to be worth it as the sound through the electric amp is already a lot lot further away from an acoustic guitar sound and to be fair, wasn't that great.

It turns out the Bodyrez isn't a magic "turn any signal into an acoustic sound" pedal, but its not supposed to be.
It has convinced me that i'll put a Fishman piezo bridge in my hopefully soon to be built electric guitar, and I'll definitely get a Bodyrez pedal to use on the piezo signal which i'll feed into an acoustic amp or pa/powered speaker.

I hope this helps anyone who may have been thinking along these lines.

Dave